POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : the lowest pixel getting dimmed : Re: the lowest pixel getting dimmed Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:23:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the lowest pixel getting dimmed
From: Anders K
Date: 27 Dec 2001 21:56:53
Message: <3c2bdf75$1@news.povray.org>
> > It hasn't been a problem for 15 years, so I would
> > say it isn't a bug but standard behavior of POV-Ray.

I disagree. By definition, the camera is supposed to be centered on the
look_at point, but it isn't. For most scenes, the half pixel doesn't matter
very much, but for things which require to-the-pixel accuracy, the current
behavior is *very* annoying. And a lot more scenes require this accuracy
than one would think at first glance. For an example, look no further than
Insert > Scene Templates > Orthographic Scene.

> It has been a problem for many, but maybe not big enough a problem for
> anyone to make a patch to fix it.

I actually described how to fix it for 3.1g. See my earlier thread, "Camera
is off by half a pixel".

Anders